WHAT IS A WATCH PARTY?
- Watch Party is a way for people to watch videos on Facebook together in real time. Once a Watch Party is started, participants can watch videos, live or recorded, and interact with one another around them in the same moment.
- In other words, you can HAVE CHURCH together even if you’re not in the same location! It’s like you’re digitally sitting next to people in service!
WHERE CAN A WATCH PARTY BE HELD?
- Host a watch party online - hosting a chat room is the easiest way to have a watch party! Facilitate discussion during the message or podcast with other people who are joining in. Help them to get connected in the various ways we offer digitally!
- Host a watch party in person (as permitted) - while we encourage you to meet digitally, you may choose to meet in person in groups under 10. During that time, you can stream from facebook, youtube or our website! Watch the message alongside other people and continue to invite those who don’t go to church!
WHAT DO I NEED TO HAVE A WATCH PARTY?
- Anyone who has access to the internet can host a watch party!
- Ideally, you would have a phone or computer with a webcam.
- The ability to type, copy and paste links and pray with people over the chat room.
HOW DO I SET THIS UP?
To create a watch party from a video:
- From a video you're watching, click Share at the bottom.
- Click Start a Watch Party. (last option at the bottom)
- You can choose to add a description for your watch party, then click Post.
Once you're in the watch party you can add friends to watch with you.
WHILE YOU'RE IN YOUR WATCH PARTY
Once your watch party starts, you can:
- Click Add Co-Host to add an additional host to your watch party. Maybe a group co-leader or other dream team leader.
- Click Invite in the bottom left to invite people to your watch party. Any people you invite will receive a notification that they've been invited to join your watch party. When someone joins, you'll see their profile picture in the bottom left of your screen.
- Click Write something... on the right to chat with others who are in the watch party with you. You can click to add emojis, GIFs, photos or videos to your comments.
- You can also host with a small video of yourself if you have a front-facing camera.
To end your watch party, click in the top right of the video, then click End Watch Party.
AFTER YOUR WATCH PARTY ENDS
Once you finish your watch party, a recap will be saved on your timeline as a post, which will show all videos watched during the party along with any comments that were made.
CAN YOU JUST SHOW ME HOW TO DO A WATCH PARTY?
- Just want to start one? This video shows how to start one from your profile page! Check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-isZibgbAi8
- Remember, you can follow the directions above to launch one from an existing video (including live stream!)